Pink Hello Phonics PDF Lessons 1-20
THIS DIGITAL PRODUCT PRICE IS FOR ONE TEACHER. IF 10 TEACHERS WILL BE USING THESE LESSONS, PURCHASE QUANTITY 10 AT CHECKOUT. IT IS A VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT TO PURCHASE QUANTITY ONE (1) AND ELECTRONICALLY STORE IT/USE IT FOR THE ENTIRE TEAM/SCHOOL.
This digital product is a set of 20 pdf lesson sets (60 lessons total) and ALL activities to teach phonics-based skill groups. The lessons are aligned to the Scope & Phonics Sequence I created for 100% alignment to the phonics skills taught in order. While this product is marked as best for K & 1st, this product is best for any students, regardless of their grade, reading in the K-1 range.
The target skills for these 20 lessons (that will last you 60 sessions) are:
- phonemic awareness: phoneme isolation, phoneme blending & segmenting
- alphabetic knowledge - letter names & sound/symbol connections
- orthographic mapping regular, irregular & temporary heart words
- proper handwriting letter formation
- spelling dictation: accurate spelling, capitalization, word spacing, period
- phonics practice games & activities: Sound Rainbows, Word Chains, etc.
- single regular sounds for consonants
- short vowels
- oral blending & decoding CVC words, spelling CVC & Heart Words
- long vowel CV words (he, me, we, no, go, so, hi)
- r-controlled er/ir/ur
- suffix -s (/s/ & /z/)
- multisyllabic words using those CV & CVC open & closed syllable patterns (bandit, laptop, fantastic, Wisconsin, Atlantic)
- VCV syllable division
These lessons are written in a systematic, sequential, structured format for small group for phonics instruction. See my PD VIDEO ON DEMAND for how to teach this way.
This digital download product includes:
- 20 Lesson Plan Sets (or *60 lessons since there are 3 20-minute sessions per 1 lesson)
- All Lesson Activities: Letter Cards, Games, Sound Mats, Dictation Sheets, Word Lists, Phonics Review Sheets, Sound-Symbol Mapping Mats & Vocabulary Picture Cards
- 1 Quick Placement Assessment & Directions for Administration & Scoring
- 4 Unit Assessments (Pink 1, Pink 2, Pink 3, Pink 4) use for pre & post progress
- 1 Student Progress Chart (for students to chart their own skill mastery)
- 1 Hello Phonics Scope & Sequence
- 1 Detailed Scope & Sequence: Target Skill per Book (see preview)
- 1 Detailed Scope & Sequence: Heart Words per Book (see preview)
- 1 Binder Cover/Spine Labels
- 1 Class At A Glance Graph (PDF & Google Slide formats)
*if you did every lesson completely, it would take you 60 days/sessions to teach this curriculum.
Components of each Hello Phonics Lesson taught in small groups are:
- Phonological Awareness
- Handwriting Drill
- Sound-Symbol Mapping
- Phonics Review
- New Target Phonics Skill
- Decoding Practice
- Spelling Dictation
- Connected Text Reading
- New Vocabulary
- Comprehension through Oral Language
- Writing About Reading (not done in the group)
This resource is 100% aligned to the 20 Pink Set Decodables (sold separately) already released in my store. You do not need to use MY decodables, as long as the decodable book you use targets the new phonics skill for the lesson.
PLEASE NOTE: Phonics Skill Groups IS NOT THE SAME as Guided Reading. Students in Phonics Skill groups are grouped based on foundational phonics skills, not reading levels. I created the Quick Placement Assessment (included in this product) so you can easily know which lesson to begin small group phonics instruction with each of your students.
Thank you so much for considering this purchase, designed with the Science of Reading research and how the brain learns to read, in mind. This product also aligned to the Science of Learning.
This product is a one teacher/one class set license. If you wish to use this with your entire grade level, you pay purchase additional licenses at checkout. For example, if you are purchasing this for 5 teachers to use, please buy 5 at checkout.
If you have questions, please utilize the Chat feature here on the site or send an email to email@example.com
If you are interested in using a Purchase Order for this product or any other products on this site, please email support at firstname.lastname@example.org with your school name, address and phone number, product name and number of teacher users per product.
©2022, Jen Jones, Hello Literacy® Inc. - Hello Phonics Pink PDF Lessons 1-20 - for ONE single license user. It is a violation of the Digital Millennium Act to sell or share this product, electronically, physically, on a server with or without a firewall, without purchasing additionally licenses.
Copyright © Hello Literacy, Inc.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
This product aligned to the body of research known as The Science of Reading.